Friday, December 14, 2012

Picking The Right Amazing Race Partner


AmazingRacePhilippines-752949
This week will see the finale of Amazing Race Philippines.  It’s a bummer that the contestants are only going to race around the country.  I was hoping that they could at least go around South East Asia but oh well.  I guess keeping the race at home makes sense.  I’m really not a fan of the local franchise.  After watching a few episodes, I felt that the challenges are quite lame and most of the racers are quite clueless.  One of the things that the US (or even the Asian) franchise continues to do successfully is to showcase the pitstop as a tourist spot for its beauty or heritage.  This is something that the local franchise failed to  take advantage of.  Racers just come and go at the pitstop that are sometimes positioned awkwardly.
marc-dungo-and-kat-tan-the-amazing-race-philippines
But since I am a huge fan of the US and the Asian franchise, I still gave it a chance.  I am still excited how the race will end.  My personal favorite team is “The Gym Buddies” (Marc and Kat).  They are fairly strong compared to the other teams.  They managed to win the first 4 legs and 3 more legs until they reached the final 3.  But more than their racing prowess, what I like more about this team is their constant bickering.  Kat is one feisty bitch.  I cant help but feel bad for Marc every time Kat calls her out when he makes mistakes.  I admire how Marc managed to keep his cool.  My favorite moment for these two is during the Palawan leg of the race where the multi cab brought them to the wrong place and left them there.  When they saw the multi cab driver again, all hell broke loose.  The amount of name calling and tongue lashing trumps Paula Salvosa’s AMALAYER episode.  Poor driver.
TARPH-LEG5-1002
I have always wanted to be in Amazing Race.  Not only because of the prize money but also, I wanted to live the life of a back packer while testing my physical, mental and emotional limits.  My ex and I once talked about joining Amazing Race Asia.  We even came close to writing scripts for our audition video.  But we realised that joining such competition would spell the end of our relationship.  We simply cant work together.  So if we are to join the race, we should be doing it with other people.
Choosing who to partner with proved to be hard for me.  I generally work well with a team.  However, the dynamics of a two man team is would be different from a team of more than two people.  For larger groups, one would generally come out to be a leader and the others followers.  I’m perfectly to be on both sides.  But for partners, you should always be complimentary.  The pressure to work well together is greater to the point that you dont even have to talk and next steps would seem to come out naturally.
Up until now, I still don’t know who to partner with.  I have yet to find the person who shares the same intensity and passion that I have.  The one who complements my weaknesses.  And someone whos temperament does not clash with mine.  If ever I find that person, I think the 2 million prize will be ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I respect what you are going to say. But please, refrain from name calling and other bad words. Peace!