Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Have Returned

The past few days made me look like I was hiding under the rock but really, I was just in one amazing getaway.  For the first time this year, I was out of town!  I can't believe it took so long for me to have something like this.  The people of Boracay rejoiced and celebrated as I set foot on their lovely sand again.  They have missed me, and I have missed them more!

So after checking in at the hotel, I immediately headed out to check out what I have missed.  The last time I was in the island was November of last year for my cousin's wedding and there were a lot of buildings being constructed at the beachfront.  Now, most of it are done.  It surely gave the Boracay beachfront its new look.  Aside from new hotels, most of the street vendors are no longer there.  They now have a designated tent where most of the souvenirs can be bought at a bargain.

My friends and I ate late lunch at Caffe Caruso, an Italian resto in one of the newer luxury hotels in Station 2, The District.  This is the same Caffe Caruso you will find in Makati however, prices in this one appear to be a little cheaper.

[caption id="attachment_107" align="aligncenter" width="512"] Photo Credit goes to Dencio.com[/caption]

After lunch we did a little bargain hunting at D' Talipapa and then headed back to our respective hotels to get some snooze before dinner.  Since it is just our first day, we opted to ignore the call of the happy hour because we need to prepare for our first big night.  We went back to D' Talipapa for our "Paluto" dinner.  As usual, with the hordes of prawns, clams and squids that we ordered, I was at seafood heaven!  After sharing dinner with some new found foreign friends, we freshened up and headed to our first stop, Epic.

By far, I think Epic is the best club in Boracay.  With its chic ambiance, fine bar list and awesome music, Epic is a must see for everyone who loves Boracay not only for its sand and sea but also for its nightlife.  I am not sure when they implemented it but the last time I was there, you just show up and if you happen to see a free table, you just grab it and it's yours.  Now, they charge Php 3,000 per table and the feee is consumable.  I think if you go there in groups and you're really out there to drink, the fee is just fine.  So we ordered pitcher after pitcher of my favorite cocktail, Mojito and the occasional bottles of Red Horse.  I'm not much of a drinker but since this moment eluded me for some time, I let my hair down and drank to my hearts content.

That was just the first stop, we went to two other clubs after Epic before we called it a night.

It would be very hard to recount the past five days in one post, so I decided to have a series of post all about the past five days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I respect what you are going to say. But please, refrain from name calling and other bad words. Peace!