Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Noodle Boss Experience

Being a bum is hard business.  With too much time in your hands, freedom from monotony, you are left with a lot of choices for even the simplest of activities.  In this case, dinner.  Despite being a brilliant cook (so I say), I struggle to find the urge to put up something gourmet from my kitchen, so while enjoying an evening of sweet abandon, I went ahead and head out to eat.  Not knowing what I want to eat, I decided to check one of the newly opened restos in Market Market, Moshi Koshi Noodle Boss.  With my love for ramen, I have got to check this one out.

Image


Upon entering, you will notice right away, their clean and minimalist interiors.  Their unusually perky staff greets you and shows you the way to their counter.  After you placed your order, the crew would set up your tray and assist you to your table to set it up (I wonder how they will manage when the place gets busy).  That's five bowls for service.

With the words Noodle Boss in their name, I have very high expectations.  Not all Japanese restos who serve ramen get their noodles right which is very disappointing.  In order for me to get really good ramen noodles, I have to settle with those really pricy Japanese restos that you rarely see in malls.

Then my order came.  I tried their Shoyu based ramen and their Gyoza.  I was so excited to see a piping hot bowl served right infront of me with its assortment of toppings: pork slices, greens, egg, mushroom, nori, and that lovely swirl naruto.

Image


I didn't want it to get cold so I took my chopsticks and started with the noodles.  Oh my, the noodles did not disappoint!  Talk about al dente the Japanese way.  Those long, tender, chewy strands just melts in my mouth.  They are firm without being hard just like they promised.

As I went through topping, I noticed that they are not bland.  The pork was tender and juicy, the mushrooms are tasty.  I'm not really a fan of the naruto but that's fine.  Everything else were really good.  SInce it seems that the toppings were individually seasoned, it made me nervous of the broth.  I expected it to be salty.  Well, I was wrong.  It was subtle, the way I like it.  Over all, the ramen was a superstar!

The gyoza was ok.  It was a bit tiny and airy.  Its a good thing the dipping sauce was great.  Not much to say about it which is fine because I went there really for the ramen.

Image


Moshi Koshi's menu is quite simple.  They only have four kinds or ramen, a few sides, the usual udon and donburi selection.  I was hoping for more ramen and donburi selection perhaps centered on the toppings that go with their broth base.

Their price is pretty reasonable.  Definitely not high end so people will be surprised that their ramen is a winner.  Real value for money.  Overall, it was a satisfying experience and I'm excited to try other stuff from their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I respect what you are going to say. But please, refrain from name calling and other bad words. Peace!