Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Hiatus

This year, I started this blog to commemorate my 30th birthday.  It is not the first time I started a blog, I've maintained one during my younger days and managed to update it quite regularly.  Up until several years ago when I hardly find inspiration to write.  These bits of urges tend to dissipate whenever I get infront of my laptop.  All those nice ideas gone in a matter of seconds after opening my account.  So I decided to quit it altogether.

Its very had to believe that as I grow older, as I gain more life experiences, the less I wanted to write.  After going through three years of relationship bliss and heartbreak and several years of highs and lows in my career, I still could not find something interesting to write.

But recently, I decided not to quit but to but to consider that phase as just a hiatus.

It's quite ironic that the time I decided to end my hiatus from writing is also the time I decided to declare a hiatus from a different part of my life - my career.

Today marks my first day of being unemployed.  From the moment I stepped out of the university, I already started working and would have since then moved from one company to another without taking a break.  Usually, I had everything all planned out.  But this time, I left without a single clue what I'll do next.  So I guess I'll really bum myself out for quite a bit.

I'm lucky to have been able to save enough money to afford a break from work.  The thought of looking for another job has not crossed my mind yet.  Right now my priority is to enjoy my time not worrying about work and all the crap that it brings.  Hopefully, I'd have more time for things that I missed doing.

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

I respect what you are going to say. But please, refrain from name calling and other bad words. Peace!