Sunday, October 28, 2012

Late Night Gourmet

After ironing a truck load of clothes and feeding my cat, my brain remembered that I my needs something inside it.  I didn't want to have something delivered because an average online delivery service takes about an hour (15 mins for them to call you and verify and 45 mins to deliver the food).  So at 3:00 AM, I thought of whipping up something from the cupboards.

I have not cooked pasta in a while so I decided to experiment on the stuff I have in my fridge... Chicken Breast!  The first thing I had in mind was to do an alfredo with chicken.  But  I cant seem to find parmesan cheese. So I abandoned that thought and decided to go pomodoro.  Good thing I always keep canned tomatoes and mushrooms and packs of pasta in my cupboard so it's just a matter of me keeping laziness at bay.

In less than 30 minutes, I have my late night munchies.



 

For this recipe, I used 200g macaroni pasta, 2 cans of peeled tomatoes, a small can of sliced button mushroom, one medium sized onion, 3 huge cloves of garlic, salt, sugar and pepper corns.  I diced two slabs of chicken breast fillets.

It is a little on the sour side as I intend to use the left over sauce tomorrow as a base for another pasta recipe.  This time, I'll go creamy!

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I respect what you are going to say. But please, refrain from name calling and other bad words. Peace!